Defend the Vote empowers citizens to protect elections. We are non-partisan. In 2012 we are conducting bi-monthly meetings to train election workers, campaign workers, and voters about election security in Illinois. Our goal is to inform, train, and mobilize voters in Illinois to participate in election security.
With 7 short months before the elections,
Defend The Vote 2012 Election Integrity Series
Educational and Hands-on Training on Election Security in Illinois
Defend the Vote will hold bi-monthly educational and training meetings on the 2nd
Tuesday of each month and the 4th
Wednesday of each month.
These meetings will be held in two different locations and on different days of the week to accommodate as many schedules as possible. In May and June, our topics will be essentially the same at either location.
We will post a detailed schedule at the April 25th
meeting for the series.
- Registration: Begins at 6:30: The meeting is 7-8:30 pm. (Serving pizza and water, if inspired – bring a sweet)
- Content: Each meeting will have 15 minutes of updates on specific initiatives Defend the Vote is working on. The remainder will be dedicated to the main topic. These are working meetings, so we will not just be listening to a speaker.
- After each meeting: If you wish to join us for drinks or treats, you are invited for more informal conversations at a nearby local restaurant. We will provide directions at the meeting.
4th Wednesday: The first meeting will be April 25th - Location: Liberty Hall
April 25th: Can We Change Elections in Illinois? Location: Liberty Hall
2nd Tuesday: The first meeting will be May 8th – Location: - TO BE ANNOUNCED
– The first training in our series will focus on what we need to do in the next 7 months. We will provide updates on our Cook County Challenge! We will discuss election systems across the state and review our Audit from the Primary. We will discuss Outsourcng Vote Counting!
We will discuss our Voter Registration Initiative (time to act is NOW)
and discuss CRITICAL legislation
in the Illinois House and Senate that impacts how Illinois citizens vote! This legislation is being worked on in the current legislative session. May 8th (Location TBA) May 23rd Location: Liberty Hall
- Electronic Voting – Can it ever be secure?
Be prepared to hear the good, bad, and UGLY in electronic voting. We will feature a national election security expert. After the presentation, we will break out into groups to strategize what to do about electronic voting systems in Illinois. June 12th (Location TBA) and June 27th Location: Liberty Hall
: Voter Registration, and Securing Absentee and Early Voting
: This series will specifically address our Voter Registration Initiative and present research for the first time about Absentee Voting and Early Voting in Illinois. There is limited time to clean up the rolls and this is the time for November 2012! Join in on this project
, be informed and involved. Project lasts through August 10th